Great events during Florida Bike Month
You might not have known, but March is Florida Bike Month. Since it’s the perfect time of year to ride, Tampa Bay will be hosting several great events during the month. Here’s some highlights:
- Tuesday 3/2 Free tickets to Lightning game for those arriving via bicycle, sponsored by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Thursday 3/4 Street Skills workshop (brown bag, noon – 1 p.m.), sponsored by Sprinkle Consulting. RSVP to Karen Kress .
- Friday 3/5, 3/26 Bike to Work Day — Join experienced cyclists coming downtown from all directions with a morning meet up at Indigo Coffee.
- Words for Wheels free bike giveaway contest opens (due 3/22).
- Tampa BayCycle is hosting commuting skills courses.
- Discounts at CityBike Tampa when you mention “Tampa BayCycle” (varies each week).
- The Downtown YMCA is even offering free use of the locker room for cyclists throughout the month. And don’t forget our 2nd annual Tampa Twilight Criterium and ECO.Festival on 3/27.
The TBBC will be at as many of these events as we can, so keep an eye out for us.